Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Twitter and Social Networking in General

I use Facebook a lot. Keep in touch with family and friends. My father uses it and he is 75. My sister's ex mother in law uses it and she is 82. I was thinking of setting up an account for my cat. Well! My reservation about it is that with so much personal stuff out there that the whole issue of privacy and personal integrity is compromised. Then on the other hand, what the hell, who cares! We are so up ourselves in Western Society that we thing we individually are important. Well, we're not. Notice other bloggers that I used a contracting apostrophie. Eats, shoots and leaves.
I have set up a Twitter account and have not come to grips with it yet. But, when you start talking to other people about these tools, you discover that lots of other people are 'social networking' I met a woman lately who keeps up with all things architectural on Twitter. How you do that in 145 characters is beyond me, but, I have not gotten to grips with it yet. Twitter, that is. All else has a grip on me.

4 comments:

  1. Buttonbeano you look all different - the black works with the grumpy woman profile - ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no,no I don't like it, go back to the way you were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just getting in touch with my inner goth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I bought a "new" teapot today for 1.50. I will put pic of it up tomorrow, and all the others. I know you are all dying to see them. They all have a story!

    ReplyDelete